OO Calc - Fit to Pages PrintingWell, I'm back using OpenOffice in anger again (yay!!!) and have already referred back here more times than I can count for things I remember having problems with. Time to add a few more entries.
A feature I use extensively in Excel that I have previously struggled to find in Calc is that of printing data fitted to x pages wide by y pages tall.
You may first need to define a print range.
Setting a Print RangeThis wasn't where I expected it to be!
- select range of cells you want included in your print out
- go to Format | Print Ranges | Define
Now a neat little feature that I stumbled on by RTFMing - you can add non-contiguous cells to your print range!
- once you've defined your print range, select another area of cells not currently part of it and select Format | Print Ranges | Add
Printing to x by y pages
- Print Preview button
- Format Page - opens a dialog box
- Sheet tab
- Bottom section is "Scaling". Change Scaling Mode to "Fit Print Range(s) on number of pages.
- Then select how many page you want it fitted to.
Ok, I haven't played with wanting to fit to more than one page, but that's really what I always need, so I'm more than happy with that.
This is also the tab that you use for choosing to print gridlines, row & column headers and such like.
This is all properties of the 'Page Style', so you can modify it by just going to Format | Page instead of using the print preview if you prefer.