Monday, August 17, 2009

OOW - Setting your default fonts

I've just reset my user profile (I'll tell you why at a later date providing it fixes what I'm hoping it will!) and consequently need to re-set my default fonts, so I'll take the opportunity to document it while I'm at it. This is one of those things that took me a little while to work out. To be fair, in comparison to Word though, it is a lot simpler in OOW, and it only took me a while to find because again, I'd been conditioned by MS Word to expect this to be difficult.

  1. Go to Tools | Options
  2. Open the OpenOffice.org Writer menu and select Basic Fonts (Western)
  3. Change your default fonts to whatever you prefer. (Personally I hate Times New Roman, so I I never leave it on this!)
You have to admit, this is a whole lot easier than having to locate your normal.dot and setting the fonts like you have to in Word. (Have I mentionted lately that I continue to be impressed with OOW?)

No comments: